cornwall fast facts
300+ – Beaches in Cornwall
430 Miles – Cornwall has over 430 miles of coastline to explore
Tourist Information – can be found at https://www.visitcornwall.com/
13,500 – Cornish pasties eaten every day!
Currency – The currency used in England is the Pound (£)
Fly to – Newquay is the main airport for the region
THE NATION’S FAVOURITE HOLIDAY COUNTY
Cornwall has something for everyone, and for every pace of life; from surf schools, boat trips to spot basking seals and scenic coastal trails to historic houses, castles, and heritage sites. Among its iconic attractions are the Lost Gardens of Heligan, the Eden Project, the Minack Theatre, Tintagel Castle and Land’s End. Don’t miss legendary Lizard Point, either. Great Britain’s most southerly tip is famous for its lighthouse, dramatic cliff walks along wildflower-strewn paths and geological features, including Serpentine Rock.
FOOD & DRINK IN CORNWALL
Catching waves, or just soaking up Cornwall’s unique vibe, requires regular refuelling. Thankfully, the county is peppered with fantastic places to eat, from old smugglers’ inns with wonky walls to celebrated restaurants serving fresh-from-the harbour seafood with sparkling views. And what could be better than feasting on local flavours with the sand between your toes at one of its many laid-back beachside cafés? Cornwall basks in its status as a top foodie destination, with acclaimed chefs Rick Stein, Nathan Outlaw and Paul Ainsworth among those putting it firmly on the culinary map. Of course, you can’t refer to the Cornish food scene without paying homage to its incredible local produce, including its deliciously creamy ice-cream – best eaten on the sunny terrace of our Cornish Hotel.
- A visit to one of the many stunning houses and gardens open to the public
- Playing in the surf at north Cornwall’s beaches
- A walking holiday around Cornwall’s coastal trails or into its wild moors
- Visiting the charming fishing port of Mousehole
- Discovering picturesque Fowey
- A day out at Tintagel Castle
- Visiting the world-famous Eden Project
- Cornwall’s one and only city, Truro
- Pottering about the fabulous harbour and restaurants of Padstow
- Exploring the otherworldly Lost Gardens of Heligan.
Be the first to hear about our special offers and news.
* indicates required fields