scotland fast facts
7/18 – Daylight hours
English – The language spoken in Scotland is English
Tourist Info – Visit https://www.visitscotland.com/ for more information
3000+ – Scottish Castles
Currency – The currency used in Scotland is the Pound (£)
Fly to – Edinburgh (EDI) is the main airport for the region
An easy journey from the buzzing cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow, Perthshire is home to the sublime Wyndham Duchally Country Estate, our luxury Hotel in Scotland. This part of Scotland is known as an activity and adventure playground, thanks to its array of deep lochs, rushing rivers, tumbling waterfalls, vast forests and sprawling moorland. Here, you can pursue endless outdoor activities from fishing and boating to hiking, rafting and climbing. It has excellent golf courses and many historic gems too.
FOOD & DRINK IN SCOTLAND
If you’re planning to visit Scotland, you’d better undo your belt a couple of notches because this is the land of the harvested and hunted. Thanks to the Atlantic, fresh mountain waters, lush rolling hills, fertile soil and varied weather, Scotland’s local and natural produce is of the highest quality – and this is reflected in the dishes served. From Aberdeen Angus beef, Stornoway Black Pudding, Arbroath Smokies, Shetland salmon and Orkney scallops to its seasonal soft fruits, scones, shortbread and not forgetting haggis – you’ll be amazed by just how diverse and tasty Scottish cuisine is.
Scotland is the biggest producer of whisky in the world and home to six whisky-producing regions, which are as diverse as the wine regions of France. From the smoky and peaty flavours of Islay to the mellow smooth sweetness of Highland and Speyside whiskies, there’s something to suit all tastes.
- The many stunning houses and gardens open to the public
- A visit to Perth, capital of Perthshire and one-time ancient Scottish capital
- A round of golf on one of Scotland’s scenic golf courses
- The beautiful university town and birthplace of golf, St Andrews
- Bagging a Munro or two on a walking holiday
- A day spent salmon fishing
- A Highland Safari
- The magnificent capital city of Scotland, Edinburgh
- A walk back in time at Stirling to see its castle and the National Wallace Monument.
Be the first to hear about our special offers and news.
* indicates required fields